The Middle Park Conservation District and the Grand County Wildfire Council worked together to create the Ultimate Guide for Wildfire Prevention, Preparedness, Mitigation and Survival.
There are so many resources on wildfire preparedness out there, but none are as inclusive as this guide. Furthermore, this guide is specific to Grand County, Colorado, and provides references to local resources and contacts.
Check out the Complete Guide or individual sections at the links below.
If you desire a paper copy, stop by Grand Fire or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Addressing & Important Contact Numbers
- Healthy Forests
- Fire Restrictions
- Open Burning
- Fire Adapted Communities
- Fire District Boundaries & Home Insurance
- Defensible Space & Home Ignition Zone (NEW! Defensible Space Tools)
- Ready, Set, Go! Before the Fire
- Ready, Set, Go! During and After the Fire
- Ready, Set, Go! for Ranchers/Livestock Owners
- Personal Action Plan