2023 Chipping Days Announced!
June 24, Kremmling (1340 Eagle Ave, next to Kremmling Fire Station)
July 8, Winter Park (77601 US Hwy 40, East Grand Fire Station)
July 29, Granby, (60500 US Hwy 40, Granby Fire Headquarters)
August 5, Between Granby & Grand Lake (501 GCR 40, Granby North Fire Station)–from Hwy 40, 5.2 miles north on Hwy 34, then west on CR 40 toward Willow Creek Reservoir
All chipping days are from 10am to 3pm on Saturdays. No slash is accepted until the chipping day begins.
Community Chipping Program Materials Guidelines:
Accepted materials include trees, tree branches, small diameter logs and brush (cut away from root mass). We accept sagebrush and juniper bushes.
The following restrictions apply:
- No logs or branches with a diameter greater than 12 inches
- No construction, building or other man-made materials
- No lumber, fence posts or signs
- No roots, root wads, stumps or anything else that grows below the soil
- No materials that contain dirt, sand, gravel or rocks
- No materials that contain any metal (nails, screws, fencing), string or other man-made materials
- No herbaceous / non-woody plant material
- No willow trees/branches/bushes